Sunday, July 6, 2008

Why Balance?

Because being out of it is not fun! As my wonderful hubby and I just celebrated 12 years of wedded bliss (yeah, for the most part), the sixth birthday of our oldest son and the 16 month milestone for our younger one I find myself searching for something. I believe balance is it. Balance in my roles as child of the one true God, wife, mother, daughter, friend, freelance designer, Sunday School teacher, etc. It's the etc. that is lost in the struggle to find balance. I have forgotten some of what etc. used to be. I remember when LJ was much younger and I was needing to spiff up my resume to get a "naptime" job rolling, I got to the part where I used to list my hobbies and interests and I could hardly remember the last time I had done any "reading, walking, scrapbooking" that didn't include a small child. I ended up adding "L___, age 1" as a hobby and the lady interviewing me to design their small magazine thought that was great. Ha! Hobby - He and his brother are my full time, all the time, and anytime job. I love them dearly and I admit I love to spend time with them and ignore the housework. That's a whole other blog entry. To sum up the whole purpose for starting this blog: I need to journal, vent, get perspective and find balance. A little older and much wiser cousin of mine has imparted to her daughter that balance is what life's all about. Bring it on! Sooner the better!

No comments: