Kaden knows about praying. He's sure to do it before each meal. He holds his hands up to his face and mumbles "juja juja wababa" and gibberish finishing with "man" for his version of Amen. When he is commended for this he may repeat it several times and we all try to join in as many times as we can before we start to starve! I love to see the connection between his little heart and God already. Logan presumed that God couldn't understand Kaden's prayer and I told him it's more about the attitude than the words. Where did that gem of wisdom come from. I'll give God the credit, because I am so frazzelled by suppertime most nights.
Logan prays regularly too, but often it becomes a race to see how fast he can say his prayer "Thank you God for my mom and dad, grandmas and grandpas, aunts and uncles, cousins and friends, & Kaden and this food. Amen." This has been his long-standing meal prayer and was expanded to include "& Kaden" at the arrival of his dear little brother. He has a precious heart for God too, but perhaps it's time for a new meal prayer that is not bound for a world speed record!
Now, Kaden also "get's" sleepy time. When someone is napping, pretending to nap, pictured in a book napping, etc. he makes the funniest little snoring sound. Something like an asthmatic pig. Very cute ! (unless you are truly trying to sleep...)
Well Kaden's confusion came when for the first time since he got mobile and wiggly, we brought him into "big" church. On 5th Sundays, the PrimeTime Kid's Church group leads worship and I knew he'd like the songs they were doing. I planned to take him back to the nursery when (not if!) he got disruptive. So June 29 (our anniversary), he watched and even "sang" along with the opening worship songs and enjoyed the motions the kids do with them. Next came prayer time. Concerns and praises where shared and we bowed our heads. I admit I had a very slightly opened eye on Kaden and he was watching me too. Before I knew it he had leaned his little head into my side and (you saw this coming didn't you) snored! Repeatedly! Eric & I were probably the only ones who realized what that noise meant, and boy did we have a hard time not laughing during the rest of that prayer. I gave him one more chance and then quickly escorted by favorite respiratory-impaired swine to the nursery. What a funny mixup! Out of the mouths and NOSES of babes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen,
So excited to see you have a blog! Looking forward to reading more about your Little family!
Later,
Cris
Post a Comment